Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my built-in kitchenaid microwave door wont open.

Customer Question
my built-in kitchenaid microwave door...
my built-in kitchenaid microwave door won't open.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the model #? I know its inside but do you have it written down anywhere?

The Model # XXXXX XXXXX OR, KCMSI45J . If we press the button to open the microwave, the door does not release open. The button seems to have lost control of the door.
the bracket on the door latch is broke in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these are tough to open to replace though, you may need to take the microwave down and remove the cover to get to the latch and release it, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-KCMSI85J-%3d%3da6i1065792&PartID=1065792 I would check it before ordering. thanks Bryan
remove what cover? can you please explain better?
you will need to take the microwave out of the cabinet and remove the case # XXXXX on this diagram, be careful once you get this open, heres a warning for government, CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microwave oven

thanks Bryan