Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a norcold 510 camper refrigerator which was working…

Customer Question
I have a norcold 510...
I have a norcold 510 camper refrigerator which was working well the las time i camped in October. I was prepareing the unit for camping this season and tried to turn on my ref. using the electrical power. after a little bit, a "n" symbol came up for not cooling. I have tried to reset this in both the propane mode and the electric mode and it continues to fail. after further research i found that the camper must be close to level before running the ref. and it was not. is there any reset / repair that I can do after leveling the camper and trying to start again. this unit is only three years old. I do have an electronic / mechanical back ground and can follow trouble shooting advice. thanks JLJ
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

do you have the owners manual for this? if not you can download one @ http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/NorcoldIncRefrigerators/N500Series/tabid/488/Default.aspx this has fault codes and diagnostics, you will need to check the code and run diagnostic, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

This information I have and from what I see tells me to have authorized person to repair. I was searching for more technical information as to what damages could be done by unlevel operation and what a technician normally find in this type of problem. You see I do not want to have a service person to reset something and then charge me for parts or components and time which were not used.
I understand, well I'll opt out and maybe another tech can walk you through this, thanks Bryan
Thanks for trying
no problem, thanks Bryan
Relist: Answer quality.
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.
Thank you.

Please stand by and I will see if I have the service manual for your unit.

Thank you.

Please click here to download the service manual for your unit.

Follow the tutorial below to download from RapidShare.com

graphic

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best, THS

Relist: so far all i have seen are ways to get more money from me and i have not even came close to a person who i feel says more than get a service manual. this last one would even cost to down load a service manual. cancel this question and drop me from this site. Definitely not pleased..
so far all i have seen are ways to get more money from me and i have not even came close to a person who i feel says more than get a service manual. this last one would even cost to down load a service manual. cancel this question and drop me from this site. Definitely not pleased.

The download is FREE. Follow the picture tutorial I posted in my last reply, and you will see how to download the manual.

No one is trying to get more money from you in any way. You have been charged a DEPOSIT only to have your question answered. If for any reason you are not happy with the answer I provided you can request a refund at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected]

You stated in your origonal question that you were mechanicly inclined. If this is true then all you should need is the service manual. The diagnostics and repair instructions are clearly written in the manual. If you have any questions that are not covered in the manual you are more than welcome to post them here and I will be happy to answer them.

Just for refrence here is the link to the rapidshare download.

CLICK HERE

Again, this is a FREE download. If you are being required by RapidShare.com to pay before you can download from their site please let me know. I pay a yearly fee to store these files on their servers. I will not be happy if they are chargeing my customers to download the files.

Best, THS

Edited by The Home Smithy on 6/27/2010 at 5:26 AM EST
Telling me how to acquire the manuals which are the same ones which I received with the unit would have been helpful, if I had not already had them. Other than that, there was not any useful information on the reply and I went ahead and had someone else to repair the unit. Therefore your answer was not helpful and I do not accept your answer.