Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

neptune stack unit appears to go thru all cycles except spin…

Customer Question
neptune stack unit appears to...
neptune stack unit appears to go thru all cycles except spin cycle, discharge pump runs' can you help? PS I already have the washer timer in my hand. could this be the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
no. the timer is the last thing that will cause this. can you please get me the complete model number for me. it will be inside the door. also does the door lock when the washer is started?
model mle2000ayw and yes the door locks./ I saw something in the elctrical diagram relating to this?
ok then the next thing you want to check is the fuse on the washer motor control board. if the motor and board was never updated on this, this is most likely the problem. remove the door and the front panel. the board will have a white plastic cover on it. lift the cover and check continuity of the fuse.
Sorry, can you be more detailed on the location. front panel is removed as well as back access panel do you mean remove the entire loading door?
you cant remove the front panel with out removing the washer door. there are 4 screws holding the front panel. 2 on the door and 2 on the other side. the board is on the base of the washer.
Im back removed front door and front removed white shroud covering board. the board is about 4+6 inches and no sign of a fuse
was the board in a solid hard plastic case around the board or just a flimsy plastic cover over the board?
board was encased in a hard plastic case , open on one end
then this washer has the up dated motor board in it. you will need a volt meter in order to see if you are getting power to the board. also did you locate the tech sheet inside the machine yet? this will give you all the test you can run on the machine.
i can walk you through the test but i need you to reinstall the timer first so we can run the test modes. are you ready to do that?
are you still there?