Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Hover Spin scrub brushes will not spin.

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: kingcobra80, Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
You will need to check for continuity in the wiring harness using a multi-meter. This will show you if you have a bad wire or a bad motor. Also check to make sure there is nothing wrapped around the brush head as well. Use your meter to check from the handle down the the motor on each wire, this is usually what we find with these. Broken wires are very common.
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
kingcobra80; Thanks for the reply on the Hoover steam-vac spin-scrub carpet cleaner. I need to give you more information. The model # XXXXX XXXXX All the functions seems to be working. (motor, vac.,) Just the scribing brushes don't turn! From what I can tell this thing has no belt. I think it works off of air presser. I have removed the brushes and cleaned them up.
I will get a manual and get back with you in the morning to see what it could be.
Kingcobra; Have you had a chance to get a manual for the Hoover SteamVac? I am waiting for your answer. Thanks Stan
From what I can see there should be a post that is on the top of your brush assembly. If the post is broken you will need to replace the brush assembly. If it is not broken try this:
turn the scrubber on its side and look for the square hole in the turbine that the post from the brushes would fit into. Use a screwdriver to try and turn it. If it does not turn easily/smoothly then the turbine is probably bad and will have to be replaced. Chances are it will be one of these 2 things that is wrong. I can't find a repair manual, But I was able to find a break down of the parts list.
Kingcobra; I checked the turbine and it was stuck. I removed the turbine and removed the gears, cleaned and greased them. It works great!! Thanks Stan By the way, do you have a Cobra? I have a 29 Ford Hot Rod.
Just a dream!