Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

An 80 year old client has a stacking Bosch clothes dryer (WTE86300US).

Customer Question
It is inside a large...
An 80 year old client has a stacking Bosch clothes dryer (WTE86300US). It is inside a large closet but she dries with door open. It is not drying clothes; they remain damp even after 2 cycles. Help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
the first thing you need to check is the vent. it sounds like it may be blocked some what.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX vent.
ok let me know what you find.
Went today. Pulled out the filters and they looked fine. Tried drying a wet towel over 40 minutes and it did fairly well. Stacking set was installed in a closet with no outlet venting. If she dries with "closet" door closed, am I right in thinking that the moist air could just be pulled back into the dryer and thus clothes would never fully dry?
Ann
yes that is very possible if there is no vent to the outside. also the door on any closet with a dryer by code is to be a louvered door. if it is not this will cause problems for sure.