Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag front loading washer, MFW9600SQD, it just stopped…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag front...
I have a Maytag front loading washer, MFW9600SQD, it just stopped in mid cycle. Got a flashing "88" and then an "F 22" code. Any ideas? Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

This is an indication of a door latch failure and/or interconnecting wiring problem. The first step in troubleshooting the problem is to unplug the washer for AT LEAST 30 minutes in an attempt to reset the Central Control Unit (CCU). This is the main "brain" of your washing machine. Sometimes these error codes are erroneous and can be easily cleared by resetting the CCU. If the error code reappears following a CCU reset, then you have a genuine problem.
In addition, if the door latch remains locked following this procedure, there is a manual release you can use to open the door. Follow these steps:

1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. hint: If you prop up the front feet of the washer with a 2 x 4, it makes access to the screws much easier.
2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose.
3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located.
4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.

.
i will be off line for a while to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back later / thanks Larry