Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Side-By-Side refrigerator bought 2002. Stopped making…

Customer Question
Maytag Side-By-Side refrigerator bought 2002...
Maytag Side-By-Side refrigerator bought 2002. Stopped making ice cubes within last few weeks. Not getting water to the unit that makes the cubes. Filter is newly changed. Dispenser works OK for water.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
hi can you remove the white cover on the icemaker and do u have a big paperclip
I turned off the icemaker and pulled the bin out. I have a good-sized paper clip.
did you remove the white cover on it
Is it the white front of the icemaker unit that is about 4+ inches square? If so, how does it come off?
hi that cover has a groove on it and it snaps off fairly easy
OK. I have removed the white cover.
facing the icemaker there are several little holes put one end of the paper clipin the hole that has a T on it and the other end in the hole with the letter M the big wheel will begin to turn when it is done the water should come in the tray let me know
Followed your instructions. The wheel turned a few degrees and stopped. How can I tell if the water is on?
try it again make sure the ends are firmly in place
The wheel turns clockwise, clicking, just a couple of degrees and then indexes back to where it started. It didn't stop doing that when I removed the wire. Just checked and it is still doing that without the wire in place. Is that how water is metered into the cube maker?
how long has it been should just rotate for ca minute and a half thats it if its still turning that is the problem the icemaker motor is bad
Still doing the same thing described above. I assume I need to get in touch with a Maytag service organization. Is that right?
hi you have a bad icemaker replace it this will fix your problem guarranteed