Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my cooktop of my stove lights with the electronic ignition…

Customer Question
my cooktop of my stove...
my cooktop of my stove lights with the electronic ignition by my stove doesn't. I can hear a clicking and smell the gas but it won't light.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
Look in the oven and tell me if you see an orange glow. Thanks,
Is it the bake? or broil? That you are having problems with. Thanks.
no orange glow, bake and broil

You will need to do this test for me.

To enter into diagnostics mode press the CANCEL/OFF and START

keys in the following order when the oven is not in cooking, broiling, or

cleaning mode. CANCEL/OFF > CANCEL/OFF > START. The control

will then indicate test in the display.

2. Press the TEMP/TIME "More" arrow key to read the following:

1 = oven sensor temperature; 2 = user cooking offset; 3 = software

version; 4 = memory checksum; 5 = last fault code; 6 = accumulated

operation time; 7 = switch state.

3. Note failure code and sensor value readings.

Then tell me what the readings are so i can look these codes up.

84, u 00, 5104, 2655, 6ood, 371, 01

You will need to get a clamp on meter to determine if its the ignitors itself or the control board. Then we can go further in testing this.Also to make sure that you dont buy the wrong part.

this does not help me, and I can't see paying for this.

Do you want me to tell you to go buy some ignitors for this? Then you will come back on here and get all mad at me cause i told you to buy this part. This is why you need to get a clamp on meter so we can do the testing. We need to test the ignitors and the control board. If you dont want to do this then the next best thing would be to get a technician to come and look at this. It will cost you about $200.00 for a service call.