Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My [10 year old] Jenn-Air side-by-side refrig/fr seems to have…

Customer Question
My [10 year old] Jenn-Air...
My [10 year old] Jenn-Air side-by-side refrig/fr seems to have lost it cooling. The things in the freezer are thawing. The ice in the door does not work. The water is the door is room temp. The things in the refrig side are only a bit colder than room temp.
It worked fine earlier in the week. [I have been away two days.]
Is there a series of things I can try before needing to call a repairperson, etc.?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
do you still get water out of the door if you push on the dispenser? Also, if you open the freezer door, do you hear a fan running inside?

Yes, I told you in my original question that the water is now room temperature.

And, yes I hear the fan when I open the freezer door.

ok and if you touch the lower back panel inside the freezer, is there any frost forming or is it cold or anything?
Yes. The back of the freezer is cold and there is some [small amount] of frost on the bottom half of the panel.