Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore Ultra Wash 665 dishwasher - Water is standing in…

Customer Question
Kenmore Ultra Wash 665 dishwasher...
Kenmore Ultra Wash 665 dishwasher -
Water is standing in bottom and I have no power. I've misplaced the owner's manual. My husband thinks there is a reset button on it. Can you give me any suggestions before I call service repair tech.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: Mike, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, do you see any lights blinking on the control panel?

Sorry for the delay, I had to take the cover off at the bottom to look. No lights at all.

Ok can you give me the full model number from around the door. The model number will look like this 665.12345678
665-15953791 or 655-18958791 - The 3? and 5? is worn off and may be an 8
ok the problem here is the thermal fuse. open the door and take the screws out from around the inner liner holding the control panel in place. Once you have access to the control panel you will see the thermal fuse attached to the control board. This will need to be replaced. Mike

What is the correct model number, I should be able to get the fuse at Sears Parts, right?

and is this the wire that sticks out of the black box cover or is it inside of it? Probably should let my husband take it from here...

Actually I could not get either of those model numbers to work....since it starts with 665 i knew it was made by whirlpool which is how i know it's the thermal fuse which is the problem. Whirlpool make 2 types of thermal fuse so I cant be specific which type it is. If you are able to give me the full model number I can be more specific. Mike