Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator/freezer model # KSRB22FNSS…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator/freezer...
I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator/freezer model # XXXXX and the freezer is not freezing anymore, the power is still working, the refrigerator is cool, but the ice is melting slowly and the frozen food is getting soft. I have had the unit for 6 years. I can hear something go on for 4-6 seconds and then go back off. This occurs every couple of minutes or so. How can I troubleshoot the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

this is most likely the compressor relay thats failed, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these have been a major problem and we replace these all the time, try replacing it and if it still does the same thing its the compressor itself, this plugs on the side of the compressor, you can order one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-+KSRB22FNSS-%3d%3dei1200025&PartID=1200025 thanks Bryan

Can you access the compressor relay from the front of the unit, possibly the panel on the bottom, or does the refrigerator/freezer have to be removed from it's alcove? It is sort of built in with cabinetry around it.
it needs to be pulled out, its in the back unfortunately,