Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hi i have a kitchenaid cooking stove model,kera807pss00 and…

Customer Question
Hi i have a kitchenaid...
Hi i have a kitchenaid cooking stove model,kera807pss00
and i get an error message F2 EO,wich i fond out means the touchpad /controlpanel or erc is bad.How do i remove the front panel(control panel)? I took off 7 screws from the underside and now it sort of hinges from the top and iam afraid to brake something,iwould like to solve this problem by my self since i live off the roadsystem in Alaska and shipping big stuff like that is a problem.
Thank you,Patrik
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 8 years ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi, you want to remove the screws behind the control panel not under it. Put the screws you took out back in. Pull the stove away from wall and remove screw on back of control panel. You can now disconnect ribbon cable that goes to the control board. The touch pad peal's off the front of control panel.
Ok the control panel on this one is at the front at hiplevel,and the touchpad feels kinda hard,It would not brake the plastic?
Let me look at the break down again. The model comes up as a rear control panel over the cook top. You are saying yours is in front of the cook top correct?

Yes the fly of my jeans touch the controlpanel if i go up to it.

model nr kera807pssoo ser nr xs3008303 kitchenaide stove

My break down is wrong. Remove the knobs, there should be plastic nuts under the knobs. Unscrew nuts. Pull unit out 5 or 6 inches. Look on sides of control panel, there should be a screw on each side. Remove the screws, the panel should now lift off. Make sure you have the power off to unit. Unplug ribbon connector to the main control board. Turn power back on. If you still have the code, your main control board is bad, if no code your touch pad is bad.
There are regular screws under the knobs and there are screws under the front and i had to open the door to get all off.
Did you pull the unit out and look for screws on the sides of control panel.
Yes, there are only smooth sides like mini panels with a tab on it maybe it somehow comes off? I\The control panel hinges on top against the ceramic top(controlpanel=the front of the stove it is the whole width of the stove and about 4-5 in high.I am afraid to pull back too hard on the whole thing.I am at my neighbours and got go home to bed its 1:50 am, if we cant figure it out now when are you back online?
I will have to opt out so another tech may help you, if i could get the right break down we would have been done by now. I just cant find the right break down, sorry.
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 8 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Hi...Here is the diagram for your part....Make sure that you have all the screws inf front removed around the dials...This will allow the front panel to be removed...Thanks Bob

graphic