Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

got a Maytag MSD2732GR the ice maker makes ice just fine but…

got a Maytag MSD2732GR the...
got a Maytag MSD2732GR the ice maker makes ice just fine but it only comes out crushed. I can switch to water and I get water but it won't switch back to cube.
I've pulled the ice tray / maker and thawed it out everything seems to work and move..
I guess the way it should..
6/25/2010
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Running along the bottom of the ice bin is a metal rod. This is the lever that changes your ice from crushed to cubed. make sure that when you push the ice bin back into place, that the rod goes into the hole on the back wall and make sure it sits inside the plastic stirrup looking device because that is your ice solenoid that pulls up on the lever. If it's not pulling up on the lever, then you'll need to replace the ice solenoid.
I never want crushed ice realy..
if it is the ice solenoid.. any way to ah..
glue the rod in place so it's always cubed?
and if so will that effect the water funtion??
yes definitely. Just figure out a way so that the rod is pulled up all the time, maybe add a wedge inside the sirrup cavity that pushes the rod up when you push the icebucket back.

It won't affect the water at all and you will get crushed ice no matter the setting you choose.
thanks!
so if the rod is up I won't get crushed ice?
and if I pull the ice tray, and hit the switch should I see the stirup move?
last question
promise!
and thanks again!!
that is correct, if the rod is pulled up you will get cubed ice. And yes, if you remove the ice tray, hold the light switch and push the ice paddle (on cubed ice setting) it should lift the stirrup if it's working.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thanks again!!
payment on it's way!!
no problem and good luck.