Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My son-in-law replaced the drum wheel on their Maytag model…

Customer Question
My son-in-law replaced the drum...
My son-in-law replaced the drum wheel on their Maytag model SDE305DAYW clothes dryer. It now works fine EXCEPT the dryer will not shut off unless you open the dryer door. What do we have to do to correct this problem??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2010
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 8 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Unfortunately we were not there either...Could be a wire off in the motor area...Or possible the wires switched around on the door switch..
More detail would help. What you just gave me I already suspected. Could you tell me what wires are involved in the door switch and how I would know what went where. After the guide saying to be extra sure what wire was where when removing the front and door made me suspect mixup.

I apologize for the brief answer..But there really is not much i can do from here if the wires are in the wrong position..kinda going into it blindly...I do have a wire diagram in my database which should help..What you would need to do is check the wiring ...The wires on the diagram are coded by color..Thanks Bob

graphic

O.K. so where on this diagram would the door be located. I am assuming he crosswired something in the door area.
If you read in small print in the lower left hand area..It says "door switch"...The wires are Yellow ....Green...White...
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Sorry, I hit the wrong button --- Thank you for your time. I will see if I can figure out from this info.
If the dryer worked fine before...Then it has to be something simple...The key is to not be pulling wires apart and to use the wiring diagram...Taking pictures will even help when it comes time to reassemble...Thanks Bob