Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a G.E. Profile cooktop model #JGP933. The upper two…

Customer Question
I have a G.E. Profile...
I have a G.E. Profile cooktop model #JGP933. The upper two burners do not consistantly light. They often have to be lit by a match. The lower two burners always light using the electric spark igniter. What might be the problem with the upper two burners?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/24/2010
Appliance Technician: esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
hi are the top two burners also sparking or not

When I turn on the top two burners I hear the sound of the spark igniter, but usually the burner doesn't light.

do u see the sparking on that burner is the burner cap solid in position
The burner cap is in proper position. I don't see the sparking on any of the burners. I hear the spark igniter working when any of the burners is turned on, however only the front two burners consistantly turn on. The back two burners will turn on about on third of the time without having to use a match.
hi ok check the holes where the gas enters the burner normally you will see a little flame along side of the burners when on . when you turn on the burner that wont ignite is the sparker sparking or not

When I turn on the burner that won't ignite, the sparker is sparking.

look at all the burners sparking ok turn all the sparkers on look at them are they all sparking in the same areas or is the spark on one hitting different