Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have recently replaced the bi metal fuse in my whirlpool

Customer Question

I have recently replaced the bi metal fuse in my whirlpool quiet partner 2 dishwasher. (3 weeks). It has now seem to have blown again??? Why? What do I need to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
when this fuse goes bad, it either means that your control board is shorting and needs to be replaced, or it means that your junction box below your dishwasher where the house wiring connects into your dishwasher isn't tight enough so it's causing slight power surges. Check the junction box and if that checks good, replace the control board that the fuse clips onto.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I checked the wiring the first time it went, so chances are it is prob. the control board huh? I obviously will need to replace the fuse again and the board. Where will I find one, and how much do they cost? What if I were to replace that, and it still happens.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
if it still happens again? unlikely but if it did you have bad wiring somewhere. And if you wanted to order the control board then you can order it from the link below and it's about $90.

CLICK HERE