Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a W6021 washing machine that has just had the control…

I have a W6021 washing...
I have a W6021 washing machine that has just had the control borad replaced but it is now not going into spin on the last part of the cycle. Washing machine is rinsing and washing ok but when it comes to final spin machine pumps water out, turns drum each way for approx 1 minute then stops and door opens. can you please let me know what would be wrong.
6/24/2010
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
did you replace the main control board on top is that what you mean
The main control module/electronics.
hi you mean these
Part 764090 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
764090
Price
$339.30
In Stock?
Yes
Timer wm33/44 60hz
yes Control Unit WM33/44 was replaced. Washing machine now at the end of the cycle pumps out water but does not complete spin and door just automatically opens.
hi ok the picture i just showed you was the timer thats different from the control unit you replaced
This washing machine does not have a timer only a main control module which has been replaced.. Are you familiar with this model of washing machine as the problem is not obvious
hi i have the model and moachine picture right in front of me its showing me a timer and control unit
The Asko W6021 definately does not have a time only main control module.
(Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
1194274
Price
$356.20
In Stock?
Yes
Control unit wm33/44a
Part 764090 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
764090
Price
$339.30
In Stock?
Yes
Timer wm33/44 60hz
Yes Item #(NNN) NNN-NNNNthe control unit.
item number 764090 is also on this machine and it makes the machine spin unless certain points in it are burnt

Just a few quick questions

Generally if the contacts are burnt would it show?

Given that the control board has evidence of damage and appeared to be at the relay next to the power supply in would this coincide.

yes if there are burnt marks definitely something has happen ,over heat over amp draw just a short in general something took place and those burnt spots can be the wash,spin,drain.any cycle on this machine.
I meant within the timer not the control board as was evident on the contol board but as the timer is a sealed unit not obvious and was not aware that the timer would control the spin as would have thought it was within the control board. If timer is opened would it be evident of damage.
hi ok yes sometimes you will see visible burnt spots sometimes very faint or not at all but if its not spinning you know itcomes from the timer spin cycle or even false contact
esequiel walker
Thanks Esequiel for your help. Was just not sure if this machine has some sort of Inherient problem that machines can get that only someone with distinct ASKO knowlege can know. ASKO themselves are never happy to give away any information. Thanks again for your time.
trust me asko would rather charge u for a service call minimal. you are welcome good luck