Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Performa Electric dryer Model AYE1000 Wont start.

Maytag Performa Electric dryer Model...
Maytag Performa Electric dryer Model AYE1000 Won't start. It came with house we just bought & looks beautiful but it won't run. Vent look very dirty .. At another online site they mentioned a fuse for overheating. Could this be the problem? I lifted up top & looked in back above "springs" & saw a blue round thing that has 2 wires leading to it. could that be it? thanks.
6/24/2010
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Is this part on top of the heating element.

I believe so. It has wires attached and looks like a bunch of springs.
The thermal fuse is located on the right side of the heater housing its smaller with the two wires you can unplug the dryer and join and tape the two wires together if the dryer starts up replace the thermal fuse.
Thanks,
I'll be right back. I need to see if I can find what you are talking about.
John, Home Appliance Technician
That's it. I can't hook up the dryer now, but others have described exactly the problem we have. And you showed me where to get the part. Thanks, Doc. I will have to work on it later. I'm out of time right now. Thank you.

great job.

Thanks and God Bless.