Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire microwave PLMB209DCC that sparks when I…

Customer Question
I have a frigidaire microwave...
I have a frigidaire microwave PLMB209DCC that sparks when I turn it on, I was told you can replace the stainless steel plate on the inside of the microwave to fix the problem, I also have a frigidaire dishwasher PLD285ORDC2 that leaks around where the heating element goes through the bottom of the dishwasher is these parts something I can pick up and replace myself?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/24/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

you can pick up the seals fro the element at a local appliance parts dealer and fix the the dishwasher but as far as the microwave, i dont know who told you that but you would have to replace the complete cabinet to fix it and have to swap all the parts from one to the new one ,,, its cheaper to replace the microwave ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
I didn't say replace the cabnet in the microwave I said there's a plate about the size of a credit card that can be replace and the sparks go away I know this works because my daughter did it with her microwave.
oh ok your talking about the guard ,, the part number for it is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and yes you can replace it and it will be fine / thanks
Appliance Tech Larry
Is the part for my microwave? and do you have the part # XXXXX the seals in the dishwasher.
send me the model number and i will see if i can fine them for you