Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

i have a ge potscrubber 720 dishwasher. the soap dispenser…

Customer Question
i have a ge potscrubber...
i have a ge potscrubber 720 dishwasher. the soap dispenser cup open almost immediately upon closing the door. sometimes it will hang closed and open within seconds of the dishwasher beginning its cycle. how can i fix this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/24/2010
Appliance Technician: Justin, Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

Open the dishwasher door and close the dispenser door and give the door liner a little whack and see if it pops open. Let me know. Also, to truly help you, I'll need your model and serial number. This is located on the inside frame of the dishwasher where the door closes into.

when i give it a whack, it pops open. the serial no. is MS750528B and the model is GSD720X-73BA

Most of the time when this issue occurs, it is either because of the detergent cup shaft which is part number WD16X313 or the detergent cup latch WD16X10011. Both parts are very inexpensive and relatively easy to install. You just need to remove the inner door liner. There is only one trick to it. You have to remove the screw from the handle trim piece to pull the liner off from the door. One of those two parts is most likely worn out and most likely your issue.

If this answer has helped, please choose the accept button. Please remember I'm not there with your appliance and am giving advice based on years of experience and instinct. If you need further help, I will be here. Bonuses and positive feedback are greatly appreciated.