Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE SuperCapacity Plus won;t stop filling. If I manually…

Customer Question
My GE SuperCapacity Plus won;t...
My GE SuperCapacity Plus won;t stop filling. If I manually advance the dial, it stops filling and drains totally, but then gets stuck again filling for the rinse cycle. It is also leaking a little out the bottom when this happens, even though it is draining in the sink while it is continually filling. Level sensor problem? How do I open the front to see if something is stuck in the hose or the filter that might be causing this? Or is that unlikely since it does drain?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Appliance Technician: Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Can you send the model# XXXXX it should be under the lid.
Nothjng there, but rear sticker says Mod WHDSR315DAWN. Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus 15 Cycle 3 Wash Spin Cyle Combinations.
Ok you need to remove the front panel.You need a putty knife.Put it inbetween the top and front about three inches in from the corners.There are clips push in on them and pull the front away.Then on the left is a tube that goes to the outer drum.Remove it from the tub and check there is nothing blocking it.Also check where it connects to the tub.
Push in with the knife and not down or up on the tabs? Then do I pull the top up or the front out?
Push in and pull the front away.
Okay, on the left there is a small clear tube about the width of a pencil that goes to a clear box on the bottom of the tub, about the size of a cigarette pack. Tube looks moldy and a bit clogged at the end. Do I pull that out and clean it? On the right there is a lot of electrical and on the bottom a large accordian tube and a PVC tube going into a box with a couple screws on one end and two electrical inputs on the other.
Just clean out the tube that attachs to the tub.
Okay. Also, there is a small black plastic cap that was loose in there -- like a pencil eraser size. Any dea where that might go? Also, the inside of the machine was full of fiber fill from a pillow that leaked, so I assume that's the source of the problem. Anything else you suggest I do? Thanks!
Just give the tube and where it connects a good cleaning.As for thr cap i don't think it belongs on the machine.I can't think of anywhere it would go.
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Okay, thanks!
You are welcome
Hi Tom,

I cleaned out the little tube, which was not too dirty, mostly mold in the bottom. But I just tried running a small load and no improvement -- it still just keeps filling until the tub is full and a little starts to drain into the sink, but it keeps filling. So I advanced it to the next cycle to get it to start to drain. Any thoughts on what else I can try? Are there other places the fiber fill might be stuck that could be causing the problem, or could it be a timer problem or something with t he water level sensor? Thanks.
You will need to replace the water level switch.It is the control you use to adjust the load size.