Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

how do you detach the motor from the blower on a frigidaire…

how do you detach the...
how do you detach the motor from the blower on a frigidaire gler331as2 dryer?
6/24/2010
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

these are a pain, the blower is part of the whole blower assembly, it comes with the housing and all. Part 823074stupid setup. anyway the best way is to remove the whole motor and blower assembly and then just behind the white blower case is a snap in clamp that holds the motor to the blower assembly, you use a flat head screw driver to release this and pull it up and out, this is the lock for the fan housing, Part 407389 pull this off to get the motor loose, the blower wheel unscrews to remove the motor, thanks Bryan

I got the clip loose, thanks. But the motor itself is still attached to the venturi fan assembly. It appears to have a retaining clip of some sort on it, but I can't figure out how to get it loose. Can you help?
there are bolts holding the motor assembly to the bottom of the dryer, you need to remove the whole assembly, its much easier to remove the blower wheel that way, you will need to hold the blower and turn the other end of the motor with pliers I believe counter clockwise, it screws on, heres a diagram,
I've got the thing disassembled from the dryer case. The problem I am having may be so dumb you just can't believe someone wouldn't get it. ;-)

Here's a pic:

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/Dwilkers/?action=view&current=DSC00307.jpg

So you can see I've got the thing loose. Here's a pic of the "problem" area:

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/Dwilkers/?action=view&current=DSC00306.jpg

That red circle I put in there? That's what's holding the fan to the motor. How do you get that thing off? It appears to be a bolt, but it is like 7/8" and made of plastic. I can't believe its a bolt. Is it? Or if not, how do I get that apart? Thanks for your patience!
ok get a socket an extension with the ratchet and put it on the plastic nut looking part on the blower wheel, hold the other pulley on the motor with big pliers and then i believe (haven't done one in awhile) this will unscrew counter clockwise, you may need to try it both ways don't remember which way it unscrews, anyway it just unscrews and the motor will pull out the back,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks Brian. I haven't gotten it apart yet but I see how it's done now. Have a great day and thanks again for your help!
your welcome, thanks, Bryan