Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Scotsman under the counter ice maker Makes Ice regularly. Does…

Customer Question
Scotsman under the counter ice...
Scotsman under the counter ice maker
Makes Ice regularly.
Does not build up supply
Possible reasons??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/23/2010
Appliance Technician: Justin, Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

When you say it doesn't build up supply, do you mean that it makes ice but the quantity of ice in the bin doesn't increase?

That is correct. Only 4-5 cubes accumulate in the bin.
I have checked the drainage of the bin and it is unobstructed.
Does the water valve remain on? This can cause production issues. If you only have 4 or 5 cubes, it sounds like a production issue.
The water appears to continue running and additional cubes are made, but they do not accumulate the way they did before.

Ok, the water is running by being pumped out of that reservoir. Is the water valve continuing to fill the reservoir though while the ice making process is occurring? What does the ice on the cold plate look like? Can you take a picture and upload it on here for me?

One other thing, can you grab your model and serial numbers for me please?

Edited by Justin on 6/24/2010 at 9:55 PM EST
Scottsman
Model# XXXXX
Serial# XXXXX
The ice that is made is same color and size and clear. Appears the same as when the unit was accumulating in the bin.
I've opted out of helping you. I cannot find information on the model you've listed. Another expert will help you soon.