Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

ice maker not working

Customer Question
ice maker not working
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/23/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

please recheck the model number and tell me just whats going on please
correction, model no. is 59653469300and the only problem noticible is not making ice
do you get water from the dispenser and look at the icemaker and tell me where the ejector fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker are pointing please
they are pointing down
shut the door and wait 5 minutes and look again and tell me if they have moved please
no movement
the module of the icemaker is bad and the part number for the icemaker is 61005508 and it cost about $110 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and after you replace it then it will be fine ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
how can i be 100% sure this is the answer?
well you said the icemaker isnt running and as long as its not then it will not fill and make cubes ,, i have seen than many times over my years and if it was anything else i would tell you / thanks
Appliance Technician: RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN replied 8 years ago
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
I AGREE WITH LARRY ON THIS ONE. I CAN THINK OF NOTHING ELSE MYSELF. THANKS
i will be off line for a while to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back later / thanks Larry