Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a sensor convection ge microwave oven. We need to…

Customer Question
We have a sensor convection...
We have a sensor convection ge microwave oven. We need to replace the exterior door panel with new one. Can you give us instructions on how to do this. We are highly movitated as we are two women wanting to show our appliance repairing prowess to all concerned!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/23/2010
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 8 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
The trick to removing the panel is to first peel the inside trim # XXXXX off...If you start towards the middle of the door...Take a butter knife...Putty knife...Thin screwdriver....Peel the trim off ...Work your way around the edges...Once you get it started its all downhill...The trim just snaps in and out of place...Once you have the trim off...You will see how the outside panel is fastened...Pay close attention as to how the door latch and spring is installed before removing...Sometimes taking a pic helps also..So you have a reference point...
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
graphic
I am unsure of what type of tape you are talking about-this is a 1700.00 microwave-are we
talking about the same one? I have the replacement for the exterior-but no tape for inside-the
replacement part appears to be able to snap in, but I thought perhaps the door had to be removed
from the unit first--help please-don't want to screw up. Thanks
Tape....? Heres is the diagram for your unit...Peel off the inside trim first...Then remove the screws which are exposed by removing the inside trim...Take a putty knife...Use it to remove the outside panel....Install in reverse order...

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR UNITS DIAGRAM