Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hello... Jim here in Philly. I have a Maytag Top Load Bravos…

Customer Question
Hello... Jim here in Philly...
Hello... Jim here in Philly. I have a Maytag Top Load Bravos 5.0 Washing machine. A little gray piece fell into the washer. It fits into the lock. the washer won't work, unless I insert this into the slot. It looks like it snapped. No pressure was put on the lid at all. When the lid lifted up, it fell into the washer. How can I fix this? Jim
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/22/2010
Appliance Technician: S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
can you please get me the complete model number from the back guard.

Maytag Bravos® 5.0 Cu. Ft. IEC Capacity Washer

Model # XXXXX
Appliance Technician: JIM, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
JIM
JIM, Home Appliance Technician
did this break off of the lid itself
I never saw it before... So I am not sure.
it is light gray...

when i put it in the slot, it fools the machine and it works.

this is the magnet for the lid switch and is part of the lid. can you please double check your model number as this is not showing up.
i have not heard from you. is there something else i can assist you with?