Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Model GS5SHAXTQ00 Serial # SU0132761 Whirlpool…

Customer Question
Whirlpool Model GS5SHAXTQ00 Serial...
Whirlpool Model GS5SHAXTQ00 Serial # XXXXX Whirlpool Conquest

water comes out of dispenser on front of refrigerator; no water reaches icemaker ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/21/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

yes to both red light questions

no ice or water in mold; fingers pointing forward below or even with horizon

ok this means that your icemaker itself is faulty and needs to be replaced. The icemaker should NEVER stop any direction but pointing at a 45 degree angle upwards and forward. If it stops any other direction, it means that the gears have either broken or stripped out in the icemaker itself. The icemaker will not cycle to call for water so that is why you are getting no ice. Replace the icemaker and you should be good to go again.