Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung RF267AAWP refrigerator. Water is not flowing…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung RF267AAWP...
I have a Samsung RF267AAWP refrigerator. Water is not flowing through the filter. I'm using a DA29-00003g filter. Tried two different ones. The filter remains bone dry.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/21/2010
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.
Thank you.

Ok you have the wrong filter. You have a ...3B. You need a 3G

You can order a new filter by clicking here

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best, THS

If you re-read my text, I am using a 3GDA29-00003g purchased from Lowes. I checked the filter itself.
Sorry. Havn't had my second cup of coffee yet. The letters were posted backwards. You need the 3B not the 3G.
OK. I'm on my way to Lowes now to look for the B model. Have more coffee and I'll click the accept as soon as I get back.
Ok, working on that now. Smile
Well sir, Lowes and Samsung state that the G version is in fact the correct model for this unit. It's under a service contract and I had to break down and schedule a visit from the tech. I'll accept you answer as I know you like to get paid. It may still be the correct answer. I'll find out for sure on Thursday. Thanks for giving it a shot.

As this unit is specific to Sears I would think thast they would have the final say so on the correct filter. Lowes is not the best source for specific information concerning any appliance. Their employees are not trained in any aspect of appliancer repair.

Please let me know what the tech says about the problem.

Thank you for the accept.

Best, THS

The repairman said the filter was not in far enough. I had pushed it in and twisted it but apparantly did not push it in far enough. We'll see how it goes.

Wow. you would think that they would have designed it better than that.

Hope it works for you.

Best, THS