Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer and refridgerator will not stay cold

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

so theres no frost behind the panel in the freezer on then coils?

correct
can you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and take the cover off and feel the compressor? is it hot,warm or cold? is it vibrating?

Compressor is cool to the touch

ok do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from it every few minutes?

yes

ok your compressor relay is bad. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is plugged into the side of the compressor, easy to replace, it just pulls off and the are two wires going to it, you can pick one up locally if you have a supply house near or you can order this on line @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-msd2655heb-%3d%3di1159182&PartID=1159182 for under $30.00, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

there is 2 parts do i need both

they come in a set, both parts the relay and the capacitor, Maytag had a major recall on their refrigerators, click this link and check you serial # XXXXX see if yours was included, https://repair.maytag.com/prjjck/refrigerator.jsp?siteCd=RCU_EN_US#notice this may be under the recall, thanks Bryan
installed new part compressor runs for 8 seconds then shuts off
installed new part (compressor relay) compressor runs for 8 seconds then shuts off
installed new part (compressor relay) compressor runs for 8 seconds then shuts off approx. every 2 to 2.5 minutes