Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my maytag neptune dryer is not heating. How do I try to fix…

Customer Question
my maytag neptune dryer is...
my maytag neptune dryer is not heating. How do I try to fix it? I have read some light suggestions but need actual real advice to understand how to do this. I have taken it all apart and bought an Ohm volt meter to test different things. I need to figure out what the problem is then be able to do my best to fix it.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/21/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

When you check a thermostat or any part wit the O H M meter you take one wire off the part you checking then you touch the meter prongs to each spade on the part your checking theres a Hi limit thermostat on the heater housing and one on the blower housing, if you test one and don't get a reading replace that part.

I would be very specific in what I am trying to do and can take pictures to send to you to show you what I am doing or if needed you could give more specific suggestions of how to try what is needed. are you willing to answer a lot of questions if I have them to get this fixed? Also I saw that the first person that resonded said he would answer me untl it is fixed. are you willing to do this?

http://www.partselect.com/AdvancedModelSearch.aspx?ModelNum=MDE5500AYW&mfgModelNum=&fkMfgID=1

You bet , heres the breakdown of the dryer. what have you checked so far .do you have 220 volts to the dryer.

yes
did you check number 8 in the breakdown and the element and the hi limit thermostat on the heater housing.