Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Spacemaker XL Microwave Oven. It is plugged in correctly.

Customer Question
We may have had a...
I have a Spacemaker XL Microwave Oven. It is plugged in correctly. We may have had a power surge. It is asking that I set clock, but none of the buttons work except CLEAR.
I unplugged for a minute and replugged, but the problem persists.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

you will have to replace the touch pad and the part number is XXXXX and cost about $100 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Thank you for your help, but it does not solve the question NOW
sorry buy this is the answer to what it will take to fix it and it can not be solved until you buy and replace the part ,, there is no way around it ,, sorry and i will be off line for a while to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back later / thanks Larry