Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

i have a ge side by side j series with a water and ice despenser…

Customer Question
i have a ge side...
i have a ge side by side j series with a water and ice despenser in the freezer door. it uses the old slide style swithces. The other day the entire front door panel went out. no ice despensing, no water, even the night light wouldnt turn on. Several posts on parts places listed similar issues all with replacing the front control board. ordered it, replaced it and still nothing. completely dead still..almost like it is not getting power at all. is there a secondary board somewhere or an inline fuse that i cant find?? none of the parts sites list a secondary board or fuse that i can see.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

theres no fuse in this, there is a harness plug in the top that goes through the upper door hinge that may be an issue though, part # XXXXX on this diagram.

check it for broken or loose wire or plug,

there are no breaks. i ran down through that. something else must be stopping the power into the board itself. I need a physical wiring diagram. do you know where we can find one of those?

ok how about unplugging that and see if there power to that point? can you do that?

G.E . is very difficult to get wiring diagrams for, although a lot of times there one actually in the refrigerator in the back taped to the wall near the compressor or in the front behind the bottom grill, look real good I'll bet theres one somewhere there,

yeah, i tore it apart looking for the diagram.. had hoped it was under the grill up front, but nothing. I have put a meter on it and am getting no readings...that was the second thing i did after the new board didnt work. there must be an inline fuse or another break somwhere in the wiring
well I know theres no fuse, I never seen a fuse in these in all my years of doing this, I cant get the wiring diagrams I've tried, sorry, if theres no power at the plug in the top there may be a break somewhere inside the cabinet, you cant get to that, its sealed, I wish i could tell you more, sorry,