Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The control locked button is stuck on on my Whirlpool Duet…

Customer Question
The control locked button is...
The control locked button is stuck on on my Whirlpool Duet dryer. I have depressed the end of cycle button numerous times holding it for a few seconds to about 25 seconds. I have also cut the power to the unit for several hours and it has not reset it. I also depressed the end of cycle button and the cancel button at the same time. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

if you pressed and held the end of cycle more than 10 seconds and it still didn't work then you will have to replace the control board
i will be off line for a while to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back later / thanks Larry
So, doing my research before I posted this question, you have helped me how?
i told you if you held the end of cycle more than 10 seconds and it still didn't work then you will have to replace the control board
Okay, I am not a crook or deadbeat. I did my research and honestly, the whirlpool people walked me through many other things I did not post. So again, I will ask again...you helped me how?
it old you what you need and if you would like the part number or anything i will need the model number to get it for you and the whirlpool people could not tell you any more than i could without the model number ,,, i am a whirlpool guy so do you need the part number and what to do or do you want to end this and get whirlpool out to do it for you and pay over $75 just to walk in ,,, its up to you
i have the part number. I ordered the control panel before I even posted here, because I posted on other help sites. Many of the free sites tried to assist me, then I called Whirlpool. I told you what I had ALREADY done. I knew I probably needed to replace the control panel or get a repairman, but I thought, maybe since you were getting paid, you could help me further. AGAIN...you helped me HOW?
sound like you only want to fuss and don't want help and if you do you will need to send the model number and i can tell you how to swap it out if thats what you want but if to only fuss then i don't have time for it ,, i have too many on here that needs my help and they are lad to get it ,, this is up to you