Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

lg washer code le reset and comes back le with full water…

Customer Question
lg washer code le reset...
lg washer code le reset and comes back le with full water will not turnl
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2010
Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 8 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

LE indicates a fault with the motor.

LG suggest you switch off, wait for a minute, unplug the appliance.

Wait 15 minutes then plug it back in again.

Try the machine again.

If it's still faulty, you can try changing the Hall Sensor in the motor, this can sometimes cure the problem.

Unplug the machine and remove the rear cover. There are 4 Philips head screws. Take them out and remove the rear cover.

You should now see the rear of the motor, which is mounted to the back of the drum.

In the middle is a large bolt which holds the stator cover.

You'll need a 17mm socket and a ratchet to remove this bolt.

Remove the stator cover and place aside.

Toward the bottom-left, you will see a couple of wire bunches held to the motor by three screws. One holds a metal bracket, one actually holds a ground wire, and the last is through a plastic bracket toward the bottom. Remove these three screws and don't lose them.

Through the motor there are 6 bolts holding it onto the back of the drum assembly.

You'll need a 10mm socket and ratchet to remove them.

You will now have the motor off the back of the drum.

Disconnect the two wire harnesses from the motor.

Looking at the surface of this motor that was facing the DRUM (not the outside), you'll see two small pieces clipped onto it, toward the bottom.

The sensor you are looking to replace is the one that looks like a kitchen magnet.

It is attached by small clips. You'll see how it goes on. It's easy to remove.

Go to google and search for part number 6501KW2002A.

This will bring up an LG sensor assembly.

Double check with the supplier that this is the sensor for your appliance.

When you receive the sensor, simply reverse steps 1 through 5.

Once re assembled, try the machine again.

If still the same after this you'll need to replace the motor and/or control board

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks