Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag refergerator model MZD2766GEW that the freezer…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag refergerator...
I have a Maytag refergerator model MZD2766GEW that the freezer side is good but the refer side is warm...55 degrees. Have a suggestion?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2010
Appliance Technician: Mike, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, could you look on the lower panel inside the freezer and tell me if you see any frost on the panel?
looks normal to me
Can put your hand to the vent inside the fridge and tell me if you can feel air blowing out this vent.

hum...where is the vent

The vent where the air blows into the fridge will be a hole on the control panel at the top of the fridge. On this picture of the control panel the vent is top right corner (hole and grill)

graphic
nope no moving air at all
Ok we have one of two problems here. Either the evaporator fan inside the freezer is not running or blowing air into the fridge or the damper door is stuck in the closed position.

First take the food out and the shelfs out of the freezer, then remove the 2 lower panels at the back inside the freezer. Behind this panel you will see the evaporator fan. Check to see if it is blowing....If it is not blowing replace the evaporator motor.

If the fan is blowing check the damper door, this is the little door between the freezer and fridge that controls the amount of air that is blown into the fridge. This is located inside the control panel in the fridge (11) you will need to check the damper mechanism for a broken part and the door to see if it is blocked in the closed position with ice.

One of these two will be your problem, if you have any questions pleas feel free to ask. Mike

graphic