Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag gas stove with two ovens. It has worked fine…

Customer Question
I have a maytag gas...
I have a maytag gas stove with two ovens. It has worked fine up to this point (it's about 5 years old). Yesterday the stove top would not ignite on its own, and when I used a lighter to light it, it lit. I turned that one off to try another the same way, there was a flash under the lid near the knob and smoke came out. I tried it again today with the same results. The breaker also trips when this happens. Is this fixable, what is it, and if it is fixable is it expensive to repair?
Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/20/2010
Appliance Technician: JIM, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
JIM
JIM, Home Appliance Technician

do the ovens work ok

no,I tried the big one, it heats up but sounds like a whooshing quite loud.
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

because this is a gas oven its dangerous to leave this the way it is, you need to get a tech out there as soon as possible and shut the gas off to the oven in the mean time. please call a service company right away, be safe, thanks Bryan