Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Hi, I have a problem with my Whirlpool Dryer, it goes on but

Customer Question

I have a problem with my Whirlpool Dryer, it goes on but the hot air flow dosent work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Teamcold :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX are you?

Customer:

good you

Teamcold :

I am very well thanks, XXXXX XXXXX if I am understanding correctly the dryer starts and runs but does not blow out the vent?

Customer:

exact

Teamcold :

That sounds like a broken blower wheel. Have you ever taken it apart before?

Customer:

no

Teamcold :

I usually answer question and answer in less than 3 minutes

Customer:

ok

Teamcold :

ok,,I will send a note just to be sure you get it. You should receive an email if you cannot find it.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

Your expert is gathering additional information and will be back with you shortly.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 years ago.
Give me a few minutes. I want to be as accurate and detailed as possible.

Edited by Teamcold on 6/19/2010 at 7:33 PM EST
Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 years ago.
First you are going to need a lot of room as you are going to have to get to the front and the back at the same time.

1. Cut the power off and pull out the lint filter and remove the 2 screws there.

2. Look at the front top corners just below the top and with a putty knife or other small tool press the right clip while lifting on the top then do the left side and lift the top and lean it back against the wall.

3. Look down the inside front corners near the top and remove the 2 screws one on the left and one on the right.

4. Lift the front and it will come off the clips holding it at the bottom and remove the door switch wires.

5. Go to the bottom under the tub and press the idler pulley back and lift the belt off of the motor shaft.

6. Go to the top and using the belt as a sling lift the tub up and forward to pull the tub all the way out of the dryer.

This should give you access to the belt end of the motor as you are going to need to hold the shaft here.

1. Remove the back of the dryer.

2. Remove number 14 in this drawing marking the wires if you need to remove those.
graphic

3. I believe that blower wheel screws off clockwise.

If I am incorrect please do not click accept. We will continue.

Thanks,
Barry

Edited by Teamcold on 6/19/2010 at 7:57 PM EST