Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Norcold N84X model refrigerator and the freezer is…

Customer Question
We have a Norcold N84X...
We have a Norcold N84X model refrigerator and the freezer is freezing OK but the lower is not cooling. Is it is 9 years old, time for a new one?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2010
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Chat Conversation Started
The Home Smithy :

Not necessairily please stand by and I will upload the service manual for your unit. There are diagnostic proceedures in it that will help you determine the cause of the problem. Thank you.

Customer:

We have the manual and did not find anything in it about this situation

Customer:

Any other ideas? Or since it is not in the manual you are not sure?

The Home Smithy :

If the information is not in the manual and you have followed the diagnostics as indicated then it will require hands on diagnostics by a trained tech.

The Home Smithy :

There is one trick that you can do to see if the system is weak or just has a restriction in it. That would be to remove the unit and invert it for a few minuets. This is a last ditch effort before replaceing the unit.

The Home Smithy :