Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hello, I have a Kenmore Elite side-by-side model number

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Kenmore Elite...

I have a Kenmore Elite side-by-side model number XXXXXXXXXXX and the icemaker stopped working (motor wouldn't turn to dispense the ice). I ordered a replacement part, P/N(NNN) NNN-NNNN(The original part is(NNN) NNN-NNNN. I installed the new motor and the problem remains.

Is the motor on a relay? How can I verify that voltage (115 VAC) is getting to the motor? Is the "locked" button over-riding anything?

My number is XXXXX I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

please resend the model number and leave a space between the third and forth number / thanks
106 50592003
when you press the ice lever do you hear a click?
Yes and the door switch works ok because when depressed the light bulb turns off and on.
was the auger motor new you installed?
Yes, got it from Sears Parts.
press and hold the lock button on the dispenser until the lock light goes out and try it and tell me what happens please
I depressed the lock button for 3 minutes and the light (LED) stayed on. I then tried depressing the unlock button and then the lock light came off and the unlock came on.
when the unlock came on would it work then?
No...that's the problem! The motor does not turn the auger to dispense the ice.

Is there a relay which switches in the 115Vac to the motor?

Can I apply 115Vac directly to the motor? If yes, which pins on the connector?
you can swap the controller in the dispenser but you cant jump it and that should fix it for you and the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand cost about $50 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you or online at www3.sears.com and its number 18 in this picture ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
graphic
i will be off line for a while to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back later / thanks Larry