Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my mother has a older model of Magic Chef gas stove. Every…

Customer Question
my mother has a older...
my mother has a older model of Magic Chef gas stove. Every time she turns any of the burner knob on continuous clicking starts and never stops. The click stops when I unplug the power cord but I have to light the burners with a match or a lighter, it doesn't light like before once you turn on the knob automatic no match required.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Hagop Karpouzian
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/18/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

when you plug it back in does it start clicking again?
YES when you plug back the power cord it starts clicking again
replace the spark module and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number and is comes with instructions and that will fix it ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
before i go off line, take my insulin and rest up is there anything else i can do for you today before I go ,,, Larry

I am not avoiding paying , I just ordered the Spark Module and if this is the cause of the problem, I will accept your answer, and will pay you.

Thank you for your patience,

Hagop Karpouzian

oh ,, ok ,, no problem ,, thanks

Just to let you know the problem was not the spark module but it was the switch, according to the technician who repaired the stove. I hope you did not charge my credit card the $18.00. I apologize for the delay. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hagop Karpouzian

i would bet it was the module and he did something to get it to work to charge you for parts and labor ,,, the problem was the module and you should have done the repair yourself and would not have cost you so much

I did not accept your answer because it was not thr right diagnosis of the problem, but you still charged my cc without my authorization. The problem was the switch not the spark module. I would like you to reverse the charge of $18.00 immediately. If I dont hear from you you within 24 hrs. I will call Amex and dispute the charges(Unauthorized).

This is my 2nd email.

Thanks,

Hagop Karpouzian

sorry but i did not charge you anything ,, i do not get paid unless you press the accept button ,, contact your cc company