Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my icemaker is not working. The icetray is getting filled with…

Customer Question
my icemaker is not working...
my icemaker is not working. The icetray is getting filled with water and the ice is forming but it is not putting the ice in the bin. I tried the test awitch which is under the motor in the icemaker, then the icetray is turning over. I tried it with out the ice. Iam wondering whether it is due to some modular problem. Could you please help me regarding this. My refrigerator model is samsung rs2555sl bought in 2004

thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/18/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

unfortunately there are no sevicable parts for the ice maker itself, the good news is the ice maker is only $69.00 to replace and thats cheap as far as ice makers go, you can order this,@ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-rs2555sl-%3d%3di1482762&PartID=1482762 Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=it will need to be replaced, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

do you think if i change the modulator it works. because i have read in some forums that by changing the modulator works

I dont know what modulator you are talking about, do you mean ice maker module?