Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY GE SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR FRAME IS VERY WARM. i PULLED…

Customer Question
MY GE SIDE BY SIDE...
MY GE SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR FRAME IS VERY WARM. i PULLED IT AWAY FROM THE WALL TO CHECK UNDERNEATH.NO LEAKS & UNIT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE. BUT THE TILE UNDERNEATH THE REFRIGERATOR IS TOO HOT TO STAND ON. wHAT'S WRONG?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/18/2010
Appliance Technician: Justin, Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

Is the condenser fan motor running? It's the fan that sits in the same compartment of the compressor.

I don't hear any fan running.
Well, you'll have to verify it. Pull the refrigerator out. Remove the rear panel and see if it is moving. If it is not turning and the compressor is running, make sure nothing is holding up the fan blade. Let me know.
i'm not capable==an eldrly lady. I'll have to call my warranty company tomorrpw
Ok, well if the frame is very warm, this suggests the condenser fan motor isn't running. Just one note: you mentioned you checked the coils. They are in behind the unit in the same area as the fan motor. If the fan motor is stopped, your problem is most likely that something got wedged between the fan blade and the fan shroud or your motherboard is bad.