Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

After installing a new ice maker there is a flashing red light…

Customer Question
After installing a new ice...
After installing a new ice maker there is a flashing red light on the panel by the ice maker and it is not working.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/17/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?