Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Artica fridge Model PSS25MGPABB and this morning…

Customer Question
I have a GE Artica...
I have a GE Artica fridge Model PSS25MGPABB and this morning th fridge side was hot....the freezer is normal. I downloaded the manual and I cannot get it into diagnostic mode to test the thermistors and damper. I press all 4 buttons for 3 seconds and nothing happens. If I run either the freezer or fridge temp all the way down to 0, both will start flashing 0 like it is in test mode...but I cannot enter a test number. Soon as I press one of the buttons, the temp on both sides goes to 5. The instructions alo say to press the hold button once the lights are flashing 0......the fridge does not have a hold button. Am I doing something wrong or is the manual wrong?

Doug [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/17/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

this is due to the motherboard (main control) on the back of the fridge inside a 8x10 or so size panel and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry

Larry,

I suspected the board but it appears this can also be caused by a bad thermistor or damper. Before I twiat off and spend $145 on a board I was wanting to check the damper and thermistors with the diagnostics.

tell me this ,,, look in the freezer and tell me if you see frost on the inside back panel and if the fan is blowing inside please

Edited by Larry on 6/17/2010 at 10:04 PM EST
tell me this ,,, loook in the freezer and tell me if you see frost on the inside back panel and if the fan is blowing inside please
Fan blowing, no frost. Freezer ver cold.

What I really want to know is how to get this thing in diagnostic mode so I can test the other components before I buy a part that's $150 not returnable.

Thanks

were trying to pin point the problem to be sure the problem for you because running a disgnostic does not always read right ,,, remove the damper cover in the fridge and remove the damper and tell me if air blows into the fridge
diagnostic mode
Enter the factory diagnostic mode by pushing all four temperature control buttons at the same time.
That does not work. Tried a dozen times. The manal also says to prss the "HOLD" button for 3 seconds after you key in a diagnostic test. There is no HOLD button. I double checked and I do that the right service manual for my fridge model.
then you will have to replace the motherboard
OK....Friday I bought a board just in case. Just put it in and tried to enter test mode....no luck.
let it run and give it 24 hours and it will be fine
OK...maybe it will work. But for reference...and any future issues, I need to know how to enter test mode. Are you out of suggestions? Does model PSS26MGPABB suppose to have built in diagnostics?
that is what i got from your model ,, you may have to contact ge for that