Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore elite side by side refrigerator with ice and filtered…

Customer Question
Kenmore elite side by side...
Kenmore elite side by side refrigerator with ice and filtered water from the door. Icemaker is not making ice. I have water from the side door.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2010
Appliance Technician: Mike, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi can you give me the model number? will look something like this 665--12345678
106.55612400
Ok there is a little red l.e.d just inside the door of the freezer, can you open the door and tell me if the l.e.d is flashing twice then pause. Also hit and hold the flapper the other side and need to know if the l.e.d goes solid.

yes, flashing twice then pause continuasely. hit and held flapper, yes L.e.d. goes solid
Ok can you reach up and feel inside the tray where the ice is made and tell me if you feel ice or the tray is empty.

Tray is empty
Ok the problem here is one of two. First pull the unit out from the wall and remove the lower panel at the back. Next trace the water line from the ice maker to the valve behind the panel. Remove the water line from the valve and blow into the waterline, if you can blow into the waterline the valve is bad. If you are unable to blow into the waterline the line is blocked with ice. In this case you will need to trace the blockage and thaw it with a hairdryer. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. MIke
What valve? and where is the valve located and how can i replace it?
Hi the water vale is located behind the panel in the back. You would need to remove the 2 screws and the waterlines in order to replace it. Mike

Is this the part that i need

Water valve View larger image

Water valve, Number: D7742204

Number:
D7742204
Category:
Refrigerators and Freezers

( )indicates recommended quantitySee estimated delivery date $40.53

Hi click here for the part needed. thanks, Mike
I bought it but it is a little different. the original electrical connection is the white power connects to the brown inlet valve and the purple connects to blue inlet valve. the new model inlet valve has red and green. Does the white power go to the red or green.
I have got the connection. but this one has 4 valves. the different one is by itself with a white plastic top. do i have to do anything with that? Also i have connected the 3 valves. what should i expect? it is still blinking twice and a pause.
Hi just check before you take the old one off which valve supplies the water and which the ice maker. Note which wires come off each valve and then put the wires back on the same way on the new valve. Quite often the valve will look different but so long as you hook up the wires to the correct valve you will be ok. MIke

Part detail

Search results: "4389177"

Start a new search

Part number Search . Inlet valve View larger image

Inlet valve, Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/h1>

This the part i got. the only problem like isaid before it has that extra valve with the white cap. the original does not have that. so what does this extra cap go?

With the new valve, i still donot have water in the icemaker

to be honest i am not sure what the extra valve is for...Normally if they change the valve design there will be instructions as to what the difference is. You would have to contact sears to get that information.
how do you remove the icemaker?
Look under the ice maker you will see a screw to the right side. Take this screw out and then slide the ice maker forward. Once out unclip the wire harness.