Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a model # GLTF2940ES3 front load Friigidaire washer…

Customer Question
I have a model #...
I have a model # XXXXX front load Friigidaire washer that won't spin or pump water out of unit. I hear a contact sound when I move the dial to spin but no movement. Where can I find the "Tech Sheet" to run a diagnostic test?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/17/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The unit will not spin if it will not drain. If you put it back into wash, does the tub go back and forth like normal?

No. The only movements or sounds when activating in any mode is a faint humming sound.

ok then you have a common problem. If the unit will not wash, drain, or spin---your unit doesn't think the door look is engaged, even though it is because that is what the faint humming sound is. Just unplug the unit for 5 minutes and the door will unlock. Then replace the door latch assembl to get the unit to work again.
I have no problem opening and closiung the door. The problem is still present. There is the initial click when touching the start button and then another when the unit normally starts but it just hums.
I know you don't have a problem, that isn't what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that the unit isn't sensing that the door is shut so it will not turn the motor or the drain pump on.
I understand what you are saying. I tried unplugging the unit and left it off for 7 minutes. I plugged it back in and tried it. It does the same thing again. Retried and still the same.
That isn't what I said to do. I said to replace the door latch assembly.
Ok! Did you see that we had called a repair man and had the door latch assembly replaced 3 MONTHS AGO? You think I need to do it again?
yes you do unfortunately these latches break a lot.
Ok. Thanks I guess.
sorry for the bad news.