Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a matag dryer model # mdg8600aww. The dryer barrel tumbles,

Customer Question
I have a matag dryer...
I have a matag dryer model # XXXXX The dryer barrel tumbles, the igniter element glows, but the burner does not light . At first the burner would light for a short period after unplugging the dryer, but not any more. Can you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/17/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Hello and thanks for your question. Does the igniter glow for a while and then click off, cool and glow again without gas lighting? Dave
yes, exactly

Still waiting for an answer.

Sorry for the long delay. If the igniter goes out we know the flame sensor is doing its job. When the sensor opens, voltage is sent to the burner coils and gas flows to the hot igniter and it lights. The heat of the flame keeps the sensor open. Later when the flame shuts off the sensor cools and closes again to be ready for the next time heat is needed. If the igniter comes on and goes off without lighting the burner it is the coils on the burner. They can open when they get warm and not work again until cooled back to room temperature. There are 2 coils, one single and one double. Please ask any questions if this is not clear. Dave