Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

hello im junior an hvac tech the was checking a friends oven…

Customer Question
hello i'm junior an hvac...
hello i'm junior an hvac tech the was checking a friends oven its a magic chef 34hn-5tkvw
found the gas valve was getting power from the ingition glow bar and glow bar do turn on but only had at the gas valve 3.6 volts its this what the valve needs to open? or is the glown bar bad or valve coils
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/17/2010
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

This is a bad glow bar and will need to be replaced to fix the problem, the part number for the glow bar is 12400035, You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part 3377

Part 3377

The glow bar is turning on but the valve some time don't open what is the voltage it takes to open this gas valve
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

when the glow bar comes on does it glow orange, red or bright white?
yes
yes what?
does the glow bar glow orange, red or bright white?
larry the glow bar is working i'm not sure on the gas valve is not opening at times do you know at what voltage do it open?
the voltage depends on the glow bar ,, can you tell me what color it turns when it heats up and that will tell me if the glow bar or the valve is bad ,,, orange, red or bright white?
Orange
replace the ignitor ,, it should be a bright white and its not sending enough current though the ignitor to the gas valve to open it ,,, the part number is XXXXX and cost about $77 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Appliance Tech Larry