Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a washer and it must have a bad dial it wont go into…

Customer Question
I have a washer and...
I have a washer and it must have a bad dial it wont go into wash cycle and keeps overflowing when it fills
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/17/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The problem isn't the timer. This unit uses a pressure switch and when it thinks it's reached the right amount of water in the tub, it triggers the pressure switch re-directing power to the motor instead of the fill valve so that it wills tart washing. Make sure the small rubber hose is connect to the back of the tub still and then take the control console off and make sure the rubber hose is connected to the load size switch as well. If both ends are connected, then you need to order and replace the pressure switch (the switch behind the load size knob).
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I checked the hose and both ends are connected and the hose is not plugged ( I can hear it blowing out into the tub ). Took the pressure switch off and blew through it and the diaphragm clicks on and off ( it works at different pressures as you turn the knob ). so it must be working.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Appliance Technician: Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

I would say your previous answer is correct, however instead of a clogged tube or bad switch, I would suggest you possibly have a "split tube" Meaning it has a pin hole leak or has a crack. You would still be able to blow through it and it work, but when the water starts pressurizing the tube it looses pressure causing the tub to overfill. And when the pressure switch is saying the tub isn't full it will stay in the fill mode 24/7 it's a dumb timer no way for it to do anything else until the switch says go.

It is possible if everything checks out that the timer is sticking in fill meaning bad timer motor or stuck timer. However this would not explain the overfilling. The overfilling means the pressure switch is never saying the tub is full. Therefore the timer and other components should be rules out the pressure switch is the only thing it can be. And since you have checked the switch the tube is all that's left.

I would advise you to put a meter on the pressure switch and check continuity through the switch open and closed. There should be a diagram as to which pins are which. IF THE TUBE CHECKS GOOD. The splits are hard to see and can be where you can't see them. Hold your finger over one end and blow into the other. If air leaks you will know it and if so the tube is the problem.