Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you remove the outer plastic portine (drum ) From a…

Customer Question
How do you remove the...
How do you remove the outer plastic portine (drum?) From a top load Fridgidaire Washer? I have removed all 5 screws, to remove the inner drum but cant seem to pull shaft up and out... Is it one or two parts?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/16/2010
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 8 years ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi, can you give me the model #?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

I cant find the model #, I wish I could...

The plastic tub, above the transmission, is leaking water and I am trying to replace the seal.. I have removed the agitator and I am down to the metalic shaft under it. I have removed the 5 screws and removed the inner tub. Now I have the shaft and the plastic tub, that I would like to remove to repace the gasket. I see two screws under the plastic tub but I am unsure If they need removed to remove the shaft. I bought this top load washer new in 2005 or 6.. Not sure if any of this helps!

I will need the model # XXXXX look at a break down. Look under the lid, on back of control panel or on lower front side panels.

Looked under the lid and on the back nothing says model number, plus some numbers are worn off..

Give me some time and I will try to look up a model #.